Friday, November 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble




Anna just experienced her first Thanksgiving, and what a fun day it was! On Wednesday, Grampy came over and watched her so that Tim and I could get a lot of the preparations done (we always host Thanksgiving for our two families). We were so efficient that on Thursday there was very little running around and stress. Anna slept in a little too, until about 8, so we were able to get the stuffing and turkey going without having to worry about watching her. My parents came over, and we were able to just sit and look through the ads in the paper without having to get a million things done. I'm now a big fan of mashed potatoes in the crock pot - easy and delicious! Anna took an unusually long nap right before everyone else showed up, so we were pretty much done eating by the time she woke up. She had some fresh pumpkin that Tim made her, then she played a lot. Her and Aunt Carrie had a great time looking at books together. Grammie and I also took her for a walk a little later, and she ended up taking another nap despite how cold it was outside. That must have had an effect on her bedtime, because she was not interested in going to sleep at nine like usual!

I ended up leaving to go to Downers Grove before she fell asleep, because my mom, sister, and I did some Black Friday shopping early the next day. It was the first time that I have ever been gone when Ms. B woke up, which is quite sad. She apparently did great though and got to have some fun alone time with Daddy. They both met us in Downers Grove in the morning for a nice breakfast, which was very welcome after hours of busy shopping. It was quite a successful outing though, so I'm proud of myself! Her day has mostly consisted of playing with Daddy, even though I've been home for half the day, because I'm feeling sick for the first time this season. I just hope she stays healthy and doesn't catch whatever I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment