Saturday, November 21, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter


I woke up this morning and heard my little Annie stirring in her room. I heard all sorts of delighted little noises, like "Oh!" and "Gee!" and because of the way our house is set up, I can look into her room and see her crib while I'm lying in bed. When I looked over there, I could see her little head moving around in there, which meant that she was sitting up. When I went to investigate what she was doing, I see that she is sitting there "reading" a cloth book to herself. She was as happy as can be about it too!

That's her new favorite thing now: books. Just like Mommy! Daddy's not a fan of reading, so obviously she takes after me. And she's at the point where she doesn't automatically put it in her mouth; she puts it in her lap and turns the pages. I absolutely love it! Her favorite book right now appears to be Goodnight Moon, and I can't blame her. It's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment