Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Preparations



We are eagerly anticipating Anna's first Christmas, and it's just amazing how fast it is approaching! Obviously she doesn't know to be excited, but she can tell that things around her are different. She loves all the decorations, and she somehow has singled out her stocking as being her favorite (how can she tell? I don't know). She's always staring and smiling at it! Of course she loves the tree and all the pretty lights and ornaments. We've done a decent job of blocking it off with presents and the ottoman and all so that she can't pull it on herself, because that really scares me! As for her presents, she is getting some practice with ripping paper, so we'll see what happens on Christmas morning!

We celebrated Grampy's 60th birthday today! We had a delicious meal, with meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn, then he opened all his presents and liked all of them! I think that's unprecedented. He got a scarf from Laura, a neck/shoulder massager from Stephen, a Northface fleece from Mom, and Sharper Image binoculars and reading glasses from us. Then we had coconut cream pie - yum! So a very nice day for him, I think. It will be even better once Dan gets here! He's scheduled to come in Christmas Eve (there's supposed to be sleet and rain that day, so hopefully there won't be issues with his flight) and spend a month with us before heading back to Korea! I'm excited to see him again and finally have him meet his niece for the first time!

Something that has surprised me is that Anna hasn't taken off and started walking yet. I thought for sure that she would have taken her first steps by Christmas, but she is proving to be very cautious about it. For now she is content to cruise and crawl, and I know I shouldn't be in a hurry for her to run around, but I can't help but be a little disappointed. I am, however, very happy that Anna is so careful with her movements; I think it has thus far minimized her tumbles! So we'll see when this little girlie finally decides to take off...

No comments:

Post a Comment