Monday, March 15, 2010

Bicycle, Bicycle

Yesterday Anna went on her very first bike ride! We got one of those carriers that mount behind the seat. It took Tim a while to install (I timed him at 1.5 hours), but he claims it wasn't too bad. It didn't occur to me previously that I'm not the best bicyclist, so having my girlie riding with me is absolutely frightening! I sure hope it gets less scary once I'm more used to it. I don't like those trailer things that some people use, because it makes the kids seem like cargo to me.

At first Anna seemed to enjoy the ride, though not quite as much as I was hoping. Then I'm not sure if the straps were too tight or it was too cold (lots of wind, not much sun), but she got really upset in the middle of Riverside. We finally got home and she was fine, so then we took her for a quick walk in the wagon, which she really loves. I hope the next bike ride will be happier than the first!

I forgot to take pictures. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment