Friday, April 23, 2010

At the Bebow With Grammie

Anna got to try out a new park yesterday in Downers Grove, which turned out to be awesome. There were two playgrounds, and one of them was geared toward 2-5 yr. olds - perfect! There were slides that were small enough that Anna could go down them ALL BY HERSELF! Amazing! Grammie played with her and let her go down the slides, swing on the swings, run down to the pond and look at the ducks, and of course climb all the steps. I was jogging around the track, and Anna couldn't care less, she was having so much fun! At the time I thought that I wish I had taken some pictures, because her and Grammie looked so cute playing together... and I wish even more now that I had some pictures!

Something else that's very amusing is that Anna is really, really excited about her new toilet seat. I picked it up last weekend in preparation for her potty training - I plan on starting that this summer, just to see how it goes. The seat has Elmo and fishes on it, and she absolutely loves to sit on it, point to Elmo and the fish, and declare, "Wabu wabu!" She hasn't actually peed yet, but it's still pretty funny to watch.

Tomorrow we head to Starved Rock for our free night's stay at Grizzly Jack's. I was hoping that we'd get to do a little hiking and wandering around, but of course it's supposed to rain and be chilly all weekend. Oh well, more to come about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment